Herbal Drugs and Formulations
Herbal formulation is defined as a mean dosage form consisting of one or more herbs in specified quantities to provide specific nutritional, cosmetic benefits and used to treat, diagnose, mitigate diseases of human beings. Herbal drugs/herbal formulations are finished labelled products that contain active ingredients such as aerial or underground parts of plant or combinations whether in the crude state or as plant preparations. Herbal preparations are available in different forms including fresh, dried, in tablets, or capsules, or bottled in liquid form. Very rare pharmaceutical companies are involved in drug discovery screening from natural sources which are the novel drug formulation techniques.
- Track 16-1Chemical Constituents of Herbal Medicine
- Track 16-2Benefits of Herbal Medicine
- Track 16-3New products based on biological resources
- Track 16-4Herbs used for various biological conditions
- Track 16-5Cupping Therapies